Thursday, September 1, 2011

Project Dream UK

With little than 12 hours to go for the trip

Ive just realised something.

This trip, is going to be amazing.

Ive been reflecting recently, on the scale and craziness of this trip and realized one thing. My mum has really showed me the meaning, that nothing is impossible.

5 years ago when i was walking the streets of Germany with my family and i JUST learnt cycling less than 2 weeks before the trip, i told my mum.

"If only i could ride a bicycle in Europe and feel the european breeze"

I went up to a german cyclist and asked him if i could ride his bicycle, but it ended up with a translation mess and it never worked out.

2 years ago, I visited Eastern Europe. I told my mum.

"If only i could ride a bicycle in Europe, and feel the European breeze"
My mum told me one day, that day will come.

That very year, my mum gave my the privilege of being able to travel abroad with a new bicycle ; CHIANGMAI.

That, was an amazing experience. However amazing, my dream was always to have a spin in Europe. Doing what i love, in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Europe.

One year ago, in Singapore. I told my mum.

"If only i could cycle a bicycle in Europe, and feel the European breeze"
My mum asked me "Why not"

Before i knew it, my mum have given me the green light and i was off the planning my trip. Alone. While planning, i never realized the scale, privilege and luck that i had. I was 16, and i was planning my own mountain bike holiday to the United Kingdom. I knew i was fortunate and i was extremely glad.

The planning of this trip has taught me many things. Never be too ambitious.
HAHAHAHA! MY MUM WOULD TESTIFY TO THAT!

My original plan was

1) Bring my Giant anthem X1 (this bike was specifically bought for my chiang mai trip) to the UK
2) Bring a HAVERSACK ONLY

Through the 7 months of planning, my trip has evolved to

1) Buy an entirely new bicycle; the Kona cadabra ( Bought, and is waiting for me right now)
2) Bring a standard Luggage that is well full
3) Bring a haversack
4) Bring a Full face helmet

Never be too ambitious. - Says Mother of Aloysius Ng

With less than 12 hours to go before i set off for my trip to the United Kingdom, i am WAYYYY EXCITEDD!!

Super glad and happy about how things turned out, the people in the UK are really really friendly! From the guides, to the hotel owners up to the very information centers! The rule of thumb for UK is, you never know until you ask.

CIAO PEOPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment