Saturday, September 3, 2011

I think im crazy






The moment i got onto the plane. It suddenly dawned onto me.

The hell am i doing?!!? Hahahahaa! This trip suddenly shot me in the face. Its the UK, myself and I. It dawned onto me how dangerous, sketchy and mad this trip actually really is. And i never let it got to me until it was too late.

but of course, im enjoying every single second of it.

In the beginning, it all seemed surreal. Videos, blogs and other articles gave me the information and adrenaline rush to form the trip.

Once in real life though, it was a hell of a different experience.

From the plane, i realised how crazy it was.

The moment i got off the plane, the craziness attacked me.
In an airport where i was only 6 years ago, i could hardly recognize the signs! Tube, rail, what the hell?! Alone, with a huge luggage and a dangling helmet, i was petrified. Yeh petrified's the word mate. ( UK influence there hehe)

I rushed towards the tube, after realizing where it was and took it down to greenpark, where my first sign of trouble rose. My luggage was so big it had problems coming out of the tube!! (Wonder how it got in so easily) This was when i knew, i had to solve my own problems.

In the past, it was always mum, my mother and mummy. Solving problems was as easy as taking out a credit card, having a helping hand or even just 2 brains make work easier. But this time, i had no credit card, only 2 hands and an itinerary to help me.

I rushed for the train towards London Euston, where i was set to rush to get a ticket Llandudno Junction within 20minutes before the train leaves. The next train, an hour later, would have ruined my plans and give me less time to visit castles.

I asked several people, all giving me different advice as to WHICH TRAIN TICKETING BOOTH EXACTLY IS IT!!! Tube and RAIL is 2 different things. but the ticketing booth for each NEVER said anything about it (or at least i was made to queue the tube booth twice by the advice of the information counter before realising it was at another booth!!)

Finally. I got my ticket, and MAN DID I RUN TOWARDS the platform to catch the train that was leaving in 5 minutes. I RAN. One boy, one luggage, one full face helmet and one objective, CATCH THAT TRAIN BECAUSE IT COSTS A BOMB!!!!

I ran onto the train, and suddenly. HELL broke loose. The luggage was TOO BIG to even fit the train's doors into the seat area. THE HELL?! i couldnt even believe this. i had to undo my trolley + full face helmet to actually squeeze the luggage in in an extremely awkward position. and then i realised the problem. i had to lift the 20kg luggage up the train JUST TO find out it didn't fit. then i dragged it all the way across the train SEARCHING for an empty spot. and thank lord i found it!!!! Then i went back to take my full face helmet, trolley. Finally. I got to rest.

I sat down on my seat, and smiled. Only for a short while. I suddenly realized. Im going to be in for not just an adventure but a logistical nightmare through my trip. I have a train trip coming up on wednesday and it includes not just all the crap i was carrying, but a FULL SIZED BICYCLE.

I closed my eyes, and told myself to enjoy the sights. While the train moved, only one word could describe the sights. Ugly. This was the true definition of ugly. Run down buildings, horrible rail stations.

I closed my eyes, and told myself to go to sleep.

Within 4 and a half hours, i reached Wales. I opened my eyes, and only one word could describe the sights. Beautiful. It was amazing, i reached a sea side village and it was spectacular. Only one problem, i had to carry all the crap i had up a long flight of staircase. HOLY SHIT! I lugged and hauled shit up that staircase and before i knew it, my arms were getting cramped!!

I rushed to deposit my luggage and suddenly, i felt a huge relief. No luggage, and a huge castle for me to explore. I toured the entire village.. before heading straight for my accommodation.

Then came my next heart breaker. The weather... oh the weather..
I shall not say further. Google UK weather, and you'll understand why i had a heart break.

Thankfully. things were bound to be different the next day...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Aloysius! That's amazing. So envy of you! Keep the blog updated! JIA YOU :D

    -Yong jie

    ReplyDelete