Monday, September 5, 2011

Most stunning singletrack. Solo adventure. Awesome guide.

Day 3 of the trip started out pretty dull . I woke up at 6am and it rained terribly. Packed all my crap around the room and got ready for the ride. Ate breakfast, took a picture with my accommodation people and yeh. that was it really. I went out of the accommodation, and said hellow to Bryan who was well early!!!

We quickly got the things and luggage into the car and quickly drove off for the trails; after spending 15minutes trying to find the place on the satNavigator ;P

as we were driving, Bryan told me that one of the trails'd be really exposed with such winds and the rain would make it really crazy and suggested we go to Coed-y-brenin ( a trail center, man made trails. yeh.).

However, the trail that would be exposed had one of the best singletrack in the area.
As we drove by Coed-y-brenin. Bryan asked me. well its your call... Coed-ybrenin or Nantyarian (the place with the awesome track)

We had some 2 minutes of discussing, and finally. Bryan said it. ARGH. HECK IT, LETS GET TO NANTYARIAN!!! I smiled and gleammedddd with joy! that was something i wanted to do but you know, since he said it'd be nasty so i didnt wana say anything. But when he said it, i felt the sense of adventure in my kick up and hell yeah, lets do it!!

When we reached the first part of the trail, wow. I rode and literally ALMOST GOT BLOWN OFF the cliff. the forecast was 60mph wind. mind you, thats literally like a car running you over as you ride towards the wind!!!

I knew that today, its gona be a gnarly gnarly day.

We rode the first real section of the singletrack and immediately, i was blowned away. amazing single track!! it was rocky, steep and exposed. One wrong move, and you're going down a 15000 ft drop. Geez. I told myself i had to get this right to the T. It was smooth, and i was swerving my bike all over the place with amazinggg flow. the trail was great.

As we came out of the first part of the trail, we saw this amazing mountain. That was amazing scenery!!!

I told bryan "that mountain's amazinggg"

Bryan said " amazing huh, we're riding up that"

My eyes opened up wide and big. and holy shit. yes we were riding up that. we soon started a crazy long climb (not as crazy as the one coming up later) up the mountain with some amazing trails, it was rocky, cold and wet. I loved it. a mountain range rayed itself behind us, tempting me to have a look behind me after every 5seconds of looking forward.

Soon, we had an amazing descend into the valleys and wow. it was great. it was the first time of the trip i told myself. let go of the brakes, let the suspension do the work and rip the trails apart. i did that, and before long my tyres were sliding all over the place. there was one point of time i thought to myself "you're going down aloysius" but miraculously i recovered from the slide and dang! it was up and running at full speed again!!

Amazing. Before long we got to this section called the legburner. It was a LONG HAULLING ASS climb that at first, was a real suffer.

However, during the climb. i got to talk to my guide. his REALLY good company. Not just were we talking about riding, we were soon talking about life. We started to talk from things about Singapore's drinking, nightlife to his background, family, wife and kids. it was magical.

This is what mountain biking really is about. riding some good trails, talking with a riding buddy who really can talk about just anything. Its amazing.

Before long, we hit another amazing piece of trail before bryan brought me up to this crazy area with SO MUCH good scenery (i have a few shots, will update soon!)

Then, we rode back down the mountain with a crazy nice trail before heading back.

Bryan brought me to Coed-y-brenin, but i shall not talk too much about it as it was a really brief ride, just a short ride (but i must say its GREAT fun and really awesome to ride, technical and nice.)

Bryan sent me to my new accommodation, Glyn Peris...

From here, i shall commence a new post.. just such an amazing part coming up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment